Saturday, August 30, 2003

Nose Update

I want everyone to know my son's nose is okay....really. I did not realize so many other people had concerns about their nose. Since my story below, several people have told us all about their noses, the operations they've had, and the drugs they take (for their noses, I mean). Apparently, he's not the only one who's been snorting into his hand.

Someone suggested he needs surgery to chip out part of his nostril bone. I bet that's an enjoyable operation. What kind of cast do you have to wear afterwards? If I have that operation, I'm going to get one of those multi-colored casts like kids get, put on a costume and a cape, and call myself "Snot Man".

People who normally don't use words with more than 2 syllables were talking to us about a "deviated septum". Deviated septum? Who uses that kind of language? I willing to bet that people wait years to use that in a sentence. And do you know why? 'Cause it's fun to say! I'm serious. Try it a few times. Deviated septum...Deviated septum...

I suppose we should look into it. I would hate to learn I let my son walk around with a deformed nosebone. On the othe hand, lots of things are deviated about my son; I'm not sure I'm worried about his septum.